Monday, December 15, 2008

Which bar?

I called out sick today and have been feeling like crap all day.
Since I am sick and can't concentrate on doing anything for more than 3 seconds, here is a short first date disaster!

I was meeting this dude from craigslist (sketchy, I know). We decided on a bar, and of course I got there like 5 minutes early because I hate walking in to someone already being there.
I sit down, get a drink. I am sitting and sitting. I sat for about 10 minutes, meaning this dude is 5 minutes late. Lateness irritates the shit out of me.
Finally I send a text message "Hey I'm sitting at the bar by the door when you walk in"
I get a message back "I'm sitting at the bar. I don't see you"

I ask the bartender what bar I was at. He told me, and I realize I am sitting at the wrong bar. The bar I was supposed to be at was next door on the second floor.

I then went up stairs and felt like a total moron. We laughed about it but that was definitely not the best first impression!

I know this story wasn't too horrible, but I thought it was funny. That is the kinda crap that happens to me all the time. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment