Thursday, December 11, 2008

Story compliments of cwphotography

"Met a dude at a friends summer bbq. We talked all day and decided to share a cab to a bar and have a few drinks. Conversation was good and he was cute, so I was stoked. I decided to leave after about an hour, so he gave me a big hug and hailed me a cab. We texted for the rest of the night and into the next day.

The next day he asked if I wanted to go to the movies after I got done work, and of course I said yes. I met him in Old City and we ate some pizza, which he paid for. Then we walked over to Triumph because he had these free drink cards. They didn't accept the cards, but we stayed anyway. I can't remember who paid for the drinks, I think we split the bill.

We didn't have much time to get to the movie, so we got a cab to Riverview. We were around Washington Ave when the cab hit $5. He said, "We'll walk from here." and I laughed and said I would paid the extra couple of bucks it would take us to get to the theater. I ended up paying for the entire cab ride.

We got in line for the movies and I took out my wallet, thinking he would say some thing like, "Oh, no I got it." instead he asked, "Are you sure?" So, I paid for my ticket... to Ironman, a movie that I didn't even want to see.

We got inside and he bought popcorn. I ate almost all of it. Ha! As the movie started, he got snugly. A little too snugly, since he ended up falling asleep on my shoulder.

When the movie was over, he tried kissing me. I politely told him that it was getting late. We walked outside and I said, "Damn, I don't have cash for a cab. I have to find an ATM." thinking that he would offer to give me a $20 so that I could get home safely. Instead he said, "I'm sure the cab will have a credit card machine."

I called a cab, gave him a hug and watched him skateboard away. I called my best friend immediately and bitched about how horrible my night was. The cab driver laughed and felt bad for me after hearing how terrible dude was. It took him 2 weeks to text me after our "date".

I've ignored every text and myspace message since."

You can check out her awesome blog at:
http://cw3283.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment