Monday, December 29, 2008

It has been a while..

The whole Christmas holiday thing kinda got in the way of my blogging. I hope everyone had a great holiday, no matter what you celebrate!

While I still have plenty of bad date stories up my sleeve I just wanted to add a quick side bar.

Lately, I have been trying this whole internet dating thing. I mean, I pretty much have always done it (since I am painfully shy when it comes to guys I see out and about and would rather eat worms than approach a stranger) but I go on kicks where I am really into it before I give up after many failures. ANYWAY- I signed up for a site and decided I would go out with every dude that asked me to, to a certain degree (like if they had no teeth I would say no thanks). Everyone I have gone out with so far have been nice, but ummm not a good fit.

This is my latest rant.

Did all the tape measures of the world disappear? Maybe there was a change in our measurement system? Last I checked- the answer to both of those were a resounding NO!

Why then, would you say you are taller than you actually are?! I am tall for a girl (I'm over 5'6 lets just say that) and so I generally look for guys that are 5'10 and above. Since when does 5'10 equate to 5'6??? I suck at math but I even know that doesn't make sense! I feel like guys, no matter how tall they REALLY are just are like 'oh yeah dude I'm totally 5'10. nah nah I haven't measured myself but I'm sure that is how tall I am.'

Do guys assume I won't know when I see them they are short?! I mean, I have dated dudes slightly shorter than me.. so I'm not a "hater"... I just would like a heads up. Boys, be up front. In fact, I'm going out with a dude later this week that I KNOW is 5'6 so therefore I am prepared.

Anyway, I'm sure that some terrible dates will arise soon that I can blog about instead of having to relive the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment