Friday, December 12, 2008

Valentine's day

I stayed home tonight, and well I have nothing better to do but continue to rehash the past.

I have yet to have a romantic valentines day. The first one I *almost* had was back in 2003. I used to be a total message board whore. Between classes I had nothing better to do but post on various message boards and waste time. I'm glad I was though because I met countless people. Including "Cletus".

Cletus lived somewhere up north, about 7 hours via car. After talking he said he would come down and visit me for the valentines day weekend. I was so excited! I had the smallest dorm room ever but my roommate had found another place to stay since our room was only 2 feet bigger than a prison cell.

It was a Friday (I think) and I had to pick Cletus up at the bus station in center city. I drove into the city at noon to get him. He skipped school that day so that we could spend the whole evening together.
I get to the bus station early and wait.
The 4 o'clock bus comes in, he isn't there.
I wait.
The 5 o'clock bus comes in, he isn't there.
I try his phone. No answer, no voicemail (sound familiar?).
Before I know it the 6, 7 and 8 o'clock buses have come and gone (damn I sound pathetic!).
I get into my car, and just start bawling.

Really? Some freaking message board asshole just stood me up???? I call my friend who actually was friends with him also. I tell her he has stood me up. She was like do you have the right number??

At this point I was already 25 minutes outside of the city on my way back to school. I got back to school. After my friend messages some people, it turns out I didn't. He had given me his number when drunk and reversed some of the numbers.

I call the new number and he answers. I scream OH MY GOD WHERE ARE YOU????? He was like umm at the bus station in Philly waiting for you, where are you?
It turns out he was there on time.
Just at the bus station across the street.

I call my friend back and she goes to pick him up since at this point due to traffic it would take me over 45 minutes to get back to the city.

I go to meet him at our friend's apartment. I had managed to stop bawling long enough to look normal again.

I drive him back to my school and he tells me about his adventures in the bus station. Apparently he had gotten me flowers, but a homeless lady stole them from him.

We had a good weekend. Before global warming, Philly used to actually have weather. He actually got snowed in and stayed 2 days longer than expected.

Like two weeks later I find out that he was also talking to this girl from California and she moved across the country to be with him.

I guess that is a good reason why we never had a second date.

No comments:

Post a Comment