Monday, May 11, 2009

Sometimes you should just say no

There are many things in this world that can prevent a date. However, most you can see will stop a date and you should PROBABLY let your date know about said thing.

Tonight was attempted first date #2 with the guy who I posted about in the last post. I guess I should give him a name. I forget what letter I am on so I'm just going to go with Frank.

Last night Frank was telling me about his car acting weird. I of course am like yeah ok whatever. We made plans to go out tonight. I get a text message in the morning saying he has to go to get his car fixed, can we hang out earlier? No, I can't, let me know if you need to reschedule.

The time he suggested we hang out (earlier time) comes around and he asks how my day went. I reply, asking him how is his car. Over an hour later he calls saying he can't drive his car. He doesn't want to cancel so he is going to try to find a car to borrow. Stupidly, I agree to this.

This is the SAME TRAP I have fallen in before! Just cancel when you need to cancel. Anyway.

Another FEW HOURS LATER he explains he is going to just try to fix his car, so hang out and wait. Stupidly, I do.

Another few hours later, what a surprise, it cannot be fixed. Sorry, need to reschedule. I really must have "big fucking moron" posted on my head. I always do this shit, get all sorts of pretty (aka actually apply makeup carefully and do my hair, including using PRODUCT for my hair *gasp*) and then bam, here I am all gussied up with nowhere to go.

It is amazing how I manage to find guy after guy that never seems to value my time.

For the record- date was officially bagged three hours after its start time.

Yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment