Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Expanding this lil operation...

In addition to horrible dates/ funny dates I think I want to just vent about some of the REALLY stupid things boys do to ruin dates.

I'd like to start with a horrifying moment I had recently on a date. I'm just going to have to just blurt out and say it.

Meant in what I am sure was a flirtations way, dude pinched my muffin top (or spare tire, whichever you like).

Who knows if the guy realized he was essentially pinching the one area of my body most girls hate, especially me, and digging his fingers into my fat roll. THANKS DUDE, I only spent 45 minutes picking out a shirt that strategically hid my muffin top. You basically just ruined all of my progress.

I told 2 of my friends about this. One completely understood that it is NEVER ok to touch a girl in that area, while the other one didn't see the big deal. While every girl is different, I personally am not 100% happy about my weight and the last thing I want is a dude point out my problem areas!

The following went through my head:
Was he just thinking I'm a lot fatter than I look?
Was he so grossed out that he kind of had more skin to pinch than maybe he thought?
Did he even realize what he was doing??

I went to a trusted guy friend to ask his advice. He has been in a relationship for a long time and is getting hitched in a few weeks. He said he would never do that, but if he ever did he wouldn't be thinking OMG FAT! He did warn me however, his single guy friends would. Basically, it could go either way.

It doesn't matter in the end because I was so horrified by this seemingly innocent gesture of flirtation I just wanted to run and never turn back. I went to go flip out (natural reaction) but when I turned around he had gone to run across the street to pet some dogs. Cool.

Lesson be learned: wait at least until you have been dating like, um, 40 years before you try that stunt again.

No comments:

Post a Comment