Thursday, May 7, 2009

The secret redhead.

Well, right now I should be out on a date, but as usual, it was "canceled". I'll get to that later.

Now that I am back on the horrible dating wagon, I have tried the dreaded internet again. Why? When I go to bars I get wasted and make out with strangers. I pretty much never want to see those people again. Therefore- that avenue is out. Anyway...

The first guy I had started talking to when I got back into this whole scene was cute! Seemed pretty.. quirky, but hey I like quirky. Some of his messages made little sense, but I figured maybe it is a joke that is just WAYYY over my head. He had all sorts of pictures, all in black and white. I really couldn't tell what color hair he had. I assumed it looked like a light brown of sorts. We are supposed to hang out, and of course 2 hours before our date time, he texts me to say he can't hang out, he is sorry. He would have to reschedule (story of my life) and he was so so sooooo sorry.

Fine, as always, I give second chances.

We go out a few days later, a day date. It was during a heat wave so it was, oh 90 degrees out. I showed up to our meeting place and started to sweat within seconds of getting out of the cab. Awesome right? I am standing at the designated place and all of a sudden I hear someone talking to me uncomfortably close. I realize hey, it is my date.... and he has blazing red hair.

First, I would like to say I have nothing personal against red heads, other than the fact I don't want to date most of them. People like blondes, others various shades of brown...I like pretty much anything but red.

I was a bit startled, I guess I had never suspected. None the less, he was still pretty cute so I was like well he could very well possibly be the 3% of red heads I think are cute.

Our date lasted two hours. In this time I realized I was going out with a guy who may actually be a 12 year old trapped in a 30 year old's body. I had to resist the urge MULTIPLE times to tell him to stop it, don't touch that, be quite, or simply roll my eyes. His eyes darted every direction, like they couldn't look straight ahead. I think we had about 3053 topics in our 2 hour hang out. Every 5 seconds he would lead it into the complete opposite direction. I was exhausted from trying to keep up.

Despite all those things, there was still something somewhat endearing about him. I left the date completely confused and I had no idea of that was the worst date ever, or the start of a very strange relationship. He said he would call.

He never did. A few emails here and there, and some awkward conversation. I think if we hang out again it is safe to say it would be in the friends zone. Which is fine by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment