Sunday, January 17, 2010

Third wheel

Back in October, I went on my last internet date. I met up with this out of my league super hot guy. We decided to meet up at this coffee shop pretty far from my house. It was a nice day so I decided to hoof it the 15 or 20 blocks. Well, that was a really stupid idea. By the time I got there I was sweating.

Awesome.

We meet up and he is quite handsome in real life. Conversation is a bit awkward. I get really shy when a guy I think is really attractive is even in the same room. We just so happened to be sitting by the counter where the coffee shop owner sat.

She was a totally cute girl that was very sweet. Who also joined in on our conversation. And who basically hijacked my date. I realized it was no longer my date when they talked for 10 minutes without me saying a word. I didn't know how to escape this total hell. I just sat there absolutely mortified, horrified, humiliated, and angry all at once. It was by far the longest hour of my entire life.

I left and almost said WHY DONT YOU GO BACK AND ASK HER FOR HER NUMBER HUH?>?!!? Instead I managed to mumble "yup nice to meet you bye."

I walked home completely crushed. I really have no idea why. I guess I felt like for the zillionth time in my life I lost out to the super tiny cute indie rock girl. I might like that music but I'll never look the part, I'll never be short, and I'll certainly never be petite even if I got down to 100 pounds just because I am simply not built that way. It was just disappointing to see how easily I let shallow guys get to me.

LUCKILY, he wasn't really my type anyway. It took me a day to realize it, but we honestly had very little in common. Whatever hipster, go ride your bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment