Sunday, January 17, 2010

I never lost hope. And, it totally paid off.

If I even have any readers of this left (doubtful)...

I won't be posting here for hopefully a LONG LONG time. Why?

I have found myself the most wonderful boyfriend a girl could ever ask for. I obviously have kissed my fair share of toads, frogs, lizards, and any other gross creature you can think of to get here. Despite my many horrible first (and last) dates I always held onto the hope that "Maybe the next one will be the one that works".

Keeping that optimism was the only thing that kept me going. Thank god I never lost that or I would have never met my current boyfriend. I actually met him in real life, not on some internet date, at a party....at my own house. When someone asks if they can bring some of their single friends, ALWAYS say yes because you never know what will happen. (Now here is where I brag)

He is so kind, considerate, thoughtful, and most importantly treats me like a queen. When I wake up hungover with makeup smeared around my eyes and smell like the 3 bottles of wine we consumed the night before, the first words out of his mouth is "you look so pretty this morning" and he means it. He accepts me when I'm at my best, but better yet at my worst; when I'm sick and look like hell he still sees the beauty in me- inside and out.

I never thought the day would come where I would fall so head over heels, and he would do the same thing.

So my only message is the classic saying... Never ever lose hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment