Thursday, July 2, 2009

The two schools of thought...

It finally feels like summer. While I would love to do summer things with a boy and plan cute dates, right now my switch is set to single mode. Nothing blog worthy as of late... but I was having an interesting conversation not too long ago.

I was asking some friends if they thought this guy liked me (yes I know, so 5th grade) and basically getting advice. I couldn't tell if he just thought of me as a friend or maybe had an interest. That conversation then lead to me saying, well, I'm not sure I even really sure I like him. Now this leads to the two schools of thought.

Friend A was like, if it wasn't there right off the bat, it never will be. She is married and said the first time she hung out with her husband that she knew that they would be together for a very long time, even though she had a boyfriend at the time.

Friend B thought that great relationships could grow out of friendship. Maybe it isn't obvious at first but one day you just realize, hey, I think I like them. Maybe we should date.

I looked at what I have been through in the past, and I have to go with friend A. I used to be if I didn't go home gaga over a the date, I wouldn't go on a second one. Those are the dates I want again. The ones where you go home and you just can't wait to wake up to relive the night over in your mind for already the 50th time. Anything less just seems pointless.

As for the whole friends developing into something, just no. I have quite a few friends that I started hanging out with because I had a huge crush on them. Then one day, that switch flipped. I all of a sudden didn't give a shit they didn't like me. The funny thing is, once a past crush actually started to like me. Problem: that switch had been flipped. I couldn't go back to liking them. They almost repulsed me at this point (when thinking of them in that nature).

All I am trying to say is I guess, I am just waiting for that head over heels first date. When I find that, I'll stop the madness that has ensued the past few months.

Madness that hasn't been blog worthy, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment